app

Eye Cherry Tree

Eye Cherry Tree

closed 25th August 1954

last owner/operator: Lacon's

17 Castle St

grid reference TM 145 737

This was one of two Lacon's pubs in Eye called "The Cherry Tree"; coincidentally they both closed within about a year of each other.

The Cherry Tree may historically be listed as a commercial hotel & posting house. It has also been found listed in Church Street in 1904.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Eye licensing records.

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X