grid reference TL 667 531Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 25/01/2020
Great Bradley Rose & Crown
also traded as as: Crownhistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed about 1925
This old pub is now residential and called Crown House.
It's listed in Bradley Street in 1881.
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
Great Bradley: The Crown.
Roadside Inn, situate at the Newmarket entrance to Great Bradley.
The House contains: Tap room, Parlour, Back Kitchen, Cellar, Pantry, Club room and outbuildings.
Let to Mrs. Richardson.
Details of pub premises belonging to the Kedington Brewery estate sold, along with the brewery buildings, by auction, July 13th 1883***
[Footnote: Also sold with the Inn were a Blacksmiths shop, Dwelling House and cottage; the four buildings "forming a compact property in a square block"]
The pub was renamed the Rose & Crown before 1891.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(***Original source of documentation - Suffolk Records Office – transcribed by Graham Nunn)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.