also traded as White Swan
Closed between 1920 and 1970
grid reference TL 827 542
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
The White Swan is shown here on an OS map of some time between 1892 and 1905. The building is no longer there and is not shown on the map surveyed between 1950 and 1953, giving us an indication of when it closed.
It's reported in Cross Green in 1891 (an area to the north of Hartest heading towards Bury St Edmunds), and Bury Road in 1901.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.