CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 02/01/2017
Ipswich Cardinal's Hat (Admiral's Hat)historical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
opened 1851 or earlier
closed December 31st, 1912
23 Cardinal St
The pub's closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923. The building was residential in 1932 and had been demolished by 1939.
It may also be listed at 22 or 24 Cardinal Street and in Cecilia Street.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)