closed April 1968
last owner/operator: Tolly Cobbold
2 Bridge St
grid reference TM 163 440
The Crown was not listed in 1900 directory, but may have been rebuilt at around this time?
The pub was closed in 1967 or 1968, as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses.
It's also listed in St Peters Street (in 1839 and earlier).
It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.