app
close

Important Covid information

If all goes according to plan, the first tranche of pubs (those that are able to serve drinkers outdoors) may be able to reopen on April 12th. Though of course, in a situation like this, nothing is guaranteed. The rest of our pubs may be permitted to reopen from May 17th.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Those known to be planning to reopen as soon as permitted are listed on this page.

Ipswich Engineers Arms

Ipswich Engineers Arms

closed 14th May 1961

last owner/operator: cobbold

29 Bath St

grid reference TM 165 434

The Engineers' Arms is understood to have stood at the junction of Hawes Street and Bath Street. Comparing the photograph with the 1883 Town Plan, it appears to have stood on the north-west corner of the junction. It has since been demolished.

The New Engineers Arms in Hawes Street may be confused with this pub.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.

(historical detail provided by David Knights)

(census information from Dudley Diaper)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X