app

Ipswich Union Jack Inn

Ipswich Union Jack Inn

closed 1958

last owner/operator: tollemache

Common Quay

grid reference TM 166 440

The pub is also listed as being in New Quay (1844) and Quay side (St Peter's Dock). From 1874 it's listed at dockside.

Demolished in 1960 when the site was redeveloped to create a huge grain silo on the site for R & W Paul (since demolished to build new residential accommodation). An unexploded WW2 bomb was also recovered during the pub's demolition, from close to the derelict building, which was subsequently exploded at Mundesley in Norfolk.

Map

map
expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(census information from Dudley Diaper)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X