app

Kedington Barnardiston Head (Head)

Kedington Barnardiston Head (Head)

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

closed 1978

Dash End Ln

grid reference TL 709 469

This was a pub until 1978 and is now a private house, relatively unchanged externally. It was locally called the "Head".

(information supplied by Peter Rowlinson)

The 1841 census does not list a pub in Dash End, but a possible later landlord is listed in Gold Street, adjacent to Dash End.

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(***Original source of documentation - Suffolk Records Office – transcribed by Graham Nunn)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X