app

Laxfield General Wolfe

Laxfield General Wolfe

closed 16th April 1959

last owner/operator: Lacon's

High St

grid reference TM 294 723

The General Wolfe was built late in the 16th or early in the 17th century, probably as a farmhouse.

Although 1952 has been quoted as a closure date, the Hoxne licensing records show it to have closed in 1959.

The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Hoxne licensing records.

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X