app

Lowestoft Crown & Anchor

Lowestoft Crown & Anchor

Closed after 1962

149 High St

grid reference TM 551 938

The Crown & Anchor was built early in the 19th century. It appears on OS maps at least as late as 1962, though subsequent available maps don't have enough detail to show it.

It's also listed at 1 Crown Street in 1900 when the landlord, Herbert Stebbings, was also listed with wholesale beer bottling in Milton Road.

The inn is shown on this OS town plan of 1884.

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

X