Closed: between 1840 and 1920
opened about 1860
101 High St
grid reference TM 551 934
It would appear that a beer house of this name listed before 1860 in a different building but was still located nearby in the High Street (south end).
This property was also for a short time an integral part of the Ship & Railway tavern before being separated as a separate business, called the Ship, in about 1860.
Later it may have been replaced by a new development called the Albion Stores.
The pub at this address was called the Ship until at least 1874 and Albion Stores by 1891. The 1881 census information has been included in Albion Stores, but could refer to this pub.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)