app

Monks Eleigh Lion

Monks Eleigh Lion

also traded as Red Lion

Closed between 1958 and 1974?

A1141

grid reference TL 971 477

The Lion is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1958, but by 1974 it's shown as "Paddock Hall", so presumably closed some time between those dates.

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X