Closed between 1920 and 1970
grid reference TM 115 783
The Swan was built late in the 16th century, with 20th century alterations.
We understand that the Swan was the last of Palgrave's pubs to close. The date is uncertain, though it was certainly still open in 1968 (the latest licensing records we've seen so far).
The remnants of a tiled sign on the section of building nearest the road show that this was a Lacon's pub.
The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map)