grid reference TL 868 409Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 31/12/2019
Sudbury Olde Bull
also traded as as: Bull Innhistorical closure era: 21st century
35-36 Church St, CO10 2BL
The Olde Bull is a mid 16th-17th century building with 18th century additions at the west-end. Known as the Bull hotel, it was once known for bull baiting in the yard of the inn.
The Bull hotel was de-licensed in Jan 1959, with the license transferred to Spread Eagle in Cross st (Feb 11 1959 EADT); we don't know when it reopened.
It seems to have closed again as an inn about 2016 and has now been converted into a Turkish restaurant.
It's shown (though unnamed) on this old OS map from about 1902 (larger map)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.