grid reference TM 245 816Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.last updated 30/12/2019
Weybread Heath Househistorical closure era: late 20th century
The building pictured is a newer version of Heath House. The pub was originally in a building immediately to the west of this building (apparently the old one burned down), the Hoxne licensing records show that the license was "moved to adjoining premises" on March 31st, 1950.
The licensing records show the pub still open at least as late as 1968.
It seems probable that the Three Rabbits was an older name for this pub, a probability strengthened by the three rabbits pargetted onto the front of this building.
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1902 (larger map)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
Some historical info from Philip How.
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.