Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TM 273 488
It's shown on this OS town plan of 1881.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Ship's license was issued in 1843. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
The license was expired in 1908 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses. The building now houses shops and a private residence.
The building dates from the 16th century.
The pub is also listed at the Quay and at Common Quay.
At least three other buildings in the town have been used as pubs called the Ship over the years (one nearby and two in Chapel Street).
An announcement was made of the death on the 30th, at Woodbridge, Mr Thomas Wilson, of the Ship Inn, Quay.Ipswich Journal, October 1840***
On 29th March, 1841, Mr Pleasance of Bawdsey Ferry, married Mrs WILSON, of the Ship Inn, Woodbridge.Ipswich Journal, April 7th 1841**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Closure date from Woodbridge licensing records.