app

Woodbridge Sun

Woodbridge Sun

also traded as Three Tuns

Closed about 1973

102 Thoroughfare

grid reference TM 276 492

The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Sun's license was issued in 1853. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.

Now offices, the building dates from the 18th century.

It's shown on this OS town plan of 1881.

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1871 census details from Liz Whittaker)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X