app

Wangford Loyal Oak

Wangford Loyal Oak

closed 3rd March 1958

Norfolk Rd

grid reference TM 468 789

Although the pub is shown consistently as the Loyal Oak in licensing records from 1974 until its closure in 1958, we have seen it recorded as the Royal Oak. This seems to be an error, probably caused by somebody assuming they'd read "Royal" rather than the less common "Loyal".

The license was surrendered in 1958.

The pub may have been listed in Norfolk Street in 1881.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X