pulling together logo

In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.

However, a number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Nayland Victoria Inn

Nayland Victoria Inn

closed 1957

16-18 Court St

grid reference TL 974 341

The Victoria was a small beerhouse that was owned by Daniell's Brewery.

The dwelling on the right-hand end of the terrace pictured carries a plaque saying "Victoria Cottage". However, a photograph of about 1920-1930 shows this to have been a glazier's business and indicates (albeit not clearly) that the pub itself was actually at the centre of our most recent photograph.







(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)