app
close

Important Covid information

The first tranche of pubs (those able to serve outdoors) have now been allowed to reopen. The rest of our pubs may be permitted to reopen from May 17th.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Those known to have reopened or to be planning to reopen as soon as permitted are listed on this page.

Bungay King's Arms

Bungay King's Arms

Closed about 1900

42 + 44 Bridge St

grid reference TM 337 899

Mr C Bunn, applied to have the license for the King's Arms to be transferred to him from a person named Roe, but as magistrates at Harleston had recently refused to renew his license for a house he had in that town it was decided to defer his application.Ipswich Journal, October 1850**
Mrs Spink identified Mary Taylor and James Day as a couple who had lodged at her house and had been there on the day William Brown was robbed of his purse. They were both found guilty and sentenced to 9 months hard labour.Ipswich Journal, March 17th 1860** (when Mrs Spink was landlady)
Leave was given to William Watson to hold the license of Kings Arms until the Special Sessions to transfer licenses.Ipswich Journal, December 1860**

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X