app

Cavendish Fir Trees

Cavendish Fir Trees

Closed between 1967 and 1974?

Stour St

grid reference TL 797 458

Shown as a pub on OS maps at least as late as 1967; the 1974 sheet has it as "Fir Trees Cottage", so presumably it closed between those dates. It was built in the 18th century.

The pub is also reported in Further Street (1891) and Workhouse Street (1911).

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Old picture from www.foxearth.org.uk

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X