CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 25/01/2020
Halesworth Marquis of Cornwallishistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
In 1839 and 1840, the pub was listed in Queen Street.
London Road was previously called Pound Street.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(according to Michael Anderton "London Road was known as Pound Street until 1880 and the original location of a pound where the Lord of Halesworth Manor kept stray animals" also see this website.)