CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 25/01/2020
Long Melford Ram
also traded as as: Black Ramhistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
The Ram is known to have been open at least as early as 1766 when there is a reference in the Ipswich Journal, May 10th 1767***, to Peter Bowers at the Ram in Long Melford.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(**** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)