CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 08/01/2017
Lowestoft Sailor's Return
also traded as as: Fisherman's Returnhistorical closure era: mid 20th century
14 Anguish St
Te Sailor's Return is listed at Beach, Wildes Score East & Whapload Street between 1861 & 1874.
It's listed at 14 Anguish Street in the 1910 Lowestoft Rate book, when it was owned by Youngman & Preston. Youngman & Preston was acquired by Lacon & Co Ltd in 1919 and the brewery closed in 1922.
It's also listed at 24 Anguish Street after the Great War.
After it ceased to be a tavern the buildings were used as a dairy for several years, first by Joseph Flerty and later by Mrs Elizabeth Thurston.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)