app

Needham Market Victoria

Needham Market Victoria

closed 1868

opened about 1844

76 High St

grid reference TM 088 550

Owned by George Stewart from 1845 to 1868 when it was sold to Samuel Maw for £235 - then it had a front shop, parlour, tap room, kitchen, scullery, pantry, cellerage, 3 bed chambers and a small brewery to rear. The tenant when it was sold was Robert Button - then living at 118 High St and who took on the license.

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

Most of the building dates from the late 19th century, though parts date back to the 16th.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

X