app

Thelnetham Evergreen Oak

Thelnetham Evergreen Oak

Closed post-1934

Hopton Rd

grid reference TM 010 784

The Evergreen Oak was built early in the 16th century. The remains of a stone cross in the orchard associated with the inn originally stood elsewhere in the village, where it was erected as a result of John Coles' will in 1527.

The building is identified in the Listed Buildings Register.

According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the pub was still open at least as late as 1934.

The inn has also been reported in Cross Green.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X