app

Witnesham Carpenters' Arms

Witnesham Carpenters' Arms

Closed before 1882?

opened pre-1712

Mill Ln

grid reference TM 183 502

The Carpenters' Arms doesn't appear in the 1956-1967 Orwell licensing records. It isn't mentioned on the 1909 Rates book. And it fails to appear on any available OS maps (as early as 1882) so must have closed a long time ago.

According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the pub was recorded as long ago as 1712.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X