CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 25/01/2020
Lowestoft Foresters Armshistorical closure era: date unknown
38 Commercial Rd
The Foresters Arms has been listed at number 28 or at the opposite side of Saul's Yard to the Dock Tavern.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
The Ancient Order of Foresters began in 1834 and were previously called the Royal Foresters (formed in the 18th century). Members pay into a common fund from which sick pay and funeral grants could be drawn for families that are financially distressed or destitute.