opened July 13th 1936
grid reference TM 294 334
The Cavendish opened in 1936, with a license transferred from the Walton Angel.
It was demolished in February 1988; the site is now used by Felixstowe Sunday Market.
The foundation stone of this hotel was laid on 30th June 1936 by Mr John Cavendish Cobbold, great great grandson of John Chevallier Cobbold who had built the Bath Hotel in 1839 and the Ordnance Hotel in 1854. It was his 9th birthday & his first speech. The licence of the Cavendish had been removed from the ancient & historical Angel Inn at Walton. A popular host from 1940 until he died in February, 1960 was Mr Thomas Clifford Eaton, who was succeeded by his son, Russell."Inns of the Suffolk Coast" by Leonard P Thompson, 1969**
For many years this hotel was run by Clifford Easton and his son Graham.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic book information from Bob Mitchell)