Closed After 1937?
grid reference TL 954 453
The Plough is only shown on OS maps as a beerhouse up to 1891; from the 1903 sheet onwards it's not marked, Though we have records showing the pub open until at least 1937.
Interestingly, modern maps do show it as the Plough (which helped our roaming photographer to find the right building).
Some censuses list the pub as Meltons Farm or Miltons, which are assumed to be the location, rather than the pub name.
Henry Tricker, bricklayer, of Groton was summoned by William Bigg, landlord of the Plough Inn, at Milden, for being quarrelsome and refusing to leave his house when requested to do so, on the 22nd January 1865. Found guilty he was fined 5s with 8s 6d costs.Ipswich Journal, February 1865**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)