app
close

Important Covid information

If all goes according to plan, the first tranche of pubs (those that are able to serve drinkers outdoors) may be able to reopen on April 12th. Though of course, in a situation like this, nothing is guaranteed. The rest of our pubs may be permitted to reopen from May 17th.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Those known to be planning to reopen as soon as permitted are listed on this page.

Framlingham Farriers' Arms

Framlingham Farriers' Arms

also traded as White Hart

Closed Before 1959

opened pre-1750

4 Double St

grid reference TM 285 634

The pub was built late in the 17th century or early in the 18th century. It's still listed as a pub in the 1909 Rate book.

According to a document in the Suffolk Record Office, this was originally called the White Hart. The document records it as far back as 1750 and seems to suggest that the name change occurred in 1832. It further states that the pub had been converted into a private dwelling by 1959.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X