app

Hoxne Royal Oak

Hoxne Royal Oak

Closed before 1885?

Chickering Rd

grid reference TM 188 760

The Royal Oak is thought to date from the 17th century.

Now called "The Retreat", the Listed Buildings Register confirms this to be the building that used to be the Royal Oak.

We have examined all available Hoxne licensing records (1913-1968) without finding any reference to this pub, in addition it isn't shown on any available OS map (as early as 1885) so evidently closed a long time ago.

Map

map

Gallery

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X