CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 30/12/2019
Stowmarket White Harthistorical closure era: ancient
This one-time coaching inn and post house was closed and sold for use as retail premises in 1808. The building was later used by Woolworth's (now Peacock's).
Sometime after closure the name was transferred to the former Black Swan.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)