Closed before 1840
grid reference TM 551 938
The Swan stood on the corner of Mariner's Score.
There was a Swan Inn at the top of Mariner's score in which Oliver Cromwell was accommodated when visiting Lowestoft in 1643 to root out Royalist supporters and their two old pieces of ordnance which stood at the top of Rant Score. It appeared that not a shot was fired and Cromwell met no local resistance and he went off with his prisoners including the vicar.
It isn't marked on any available OS map (as early as 1885) so probably closed a long time ago.
The original building was erected in the late 14th century, then rebuilt in the 17th century and again rebuilt in the 19th century, so the building now on site only dates from the 19th century (with 20th century alterations)…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)