app

Walpole Prince of Wales

Walpole Prince of Wales

Closed 1932 or 33

opened pre-1865

Church Hill

grid reference TM 365 745

The Prince of Wales was in a large building on the main road junction, which probably dates from the 16th century. The building is positively identified by the Listed Buildings Register.

It has been referred to as the "Old Prince", but was licensed as the Prince of Wales from 1847 (or earlier) until its closure, probably in 1932 or 1933 (the exact date is not known; it's recorded in the licensing records that no application for renewal was received in 1933).

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X