grid reference TM 307 346Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 21/01/2020
Felixstowe Felix Hotel
also traded as as: Galleon Barhistorical closure era: mid 20th century
The Felix Hotel Closed in 1950 or 1951. However part of the building was opened up as the Galleon Bar in 1952 and that lasted until 1966. The rest of the building was used as offices and conference facilities and is now called Harvest House.
It appears on this old OS map from about the beginning of the 20th century (larger map) as the Balmoral Hotel. Apparently this was what it was originally going to be called, but at the last moment it got called the Felix Hotel instead.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Felix's license was issued in 1897.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic book information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.