The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
grid reference TM 284 630
owner Earl Soham
bar / dinerSomething we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Mon-Fri: 1200-1430, 1700-2300
- Sat: 1200-1500, 1700-2300
- Sun: 1200-1500, 1900-2230
- Mon-Fri: 1200-1400, 1830-2100
- Sat: 1200-1400, 1830-2130
- Sun: 1200-1430, 1900-2100
- Pizza available Thu-Fri 1700-"late", Sat: 1500-"late"
regular real ales
Earl Soham Gannet Mild, Victoria, Brandeston Bitter & other guest beers [H]
Local licensing authority for Framlingham is East Suffolk
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 05/10/2017
Framlingham Station Hotel
Real Ale is available here
Station Rd, IP13 9EE
A comfortable bar with a wood burner, set in the former station buffet. Today the main room is dominated by the central bar counter which includes a classic set of fine Edwardian hand-pumps. It also includes a small snug and an attractive outdoor drinking area. The pub can be very cosy in the winter when the fire is lit.
It can be very popular at weekends especially as it has an established trade for locally sourced, freshly prepared food (12-2pm and 6.30-9pm) together with an interesting range of quality wines. There's an annual beer festival with live music. Well worth a visit especially as the town still has a better bus service than most of local area.
Beer served through handpulls
Real draught cider available
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Separate public bar
Pub sells beer from local brewers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Station and buffet was built together with branch line in about 1859; however the branch line closed in 1963.