Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TL 847 593
The building dates from the late 16th century and was extended in the 18th.
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Thanks to Andy Parrett for supplying a photo of the pub when it was open.
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.