also traded as Malt & Hops
Closed: between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TM 515 974
The Crown Inn is listed in the 1891 census, other information is based on the landlord's name and those of other residents. A beerhouse is shown on the 1884 OS map at this location. The Crown Inn is listed as a beerhouse in The Street in the 1909 Rates book.
The village history site tells us that it was originally called the Malt & Hops.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)