Closed before 1840
opened 16th century
grid reference TM 118 669
This building is recorded in the Listed Buildings Register as having been an inn in the 16th century but having become a farmhouse by the 17th.
It isn't entirely clear which parts of the building were used as an inn; it may just have been part of what can be seen in out photo or the whole building. Certainly the entry-way in the middle looks like it was built to allow carts in and out.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)