CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 12/08/2018
Stowmarket Queens Head (Bury St)
also traded as as: Bellhistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
opened 1666 circa
The Queen's Head was advertised for demolition in the Ipswich Journal (December 1857 & March 1858), soon after it finally closed.
A new pub of the same name opened in Station Road soon afterwards.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)