app

Newmarket Red Lion

Newmarket Red Lion

Closed about 1850

opened pre-1760

High St

grid reference TL 645 635

The Newmarket Shops website tells us that the Red Lion stood where Rous Road now joins the High Street.

According to the Newmarket Pubs website, the pub was probably demolished when Rous Road was built, about 1850.

Map

map
expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X