app

Bury St Edmunds Unidentified

Bury St Edmunds Unidentified

Closed pre-1840

Churchyard

grid reference TL 856 640

The charnel house in the Abbey Gardens was built in the 13th century to store bones that were previously buried in the Great Churchyard. After the dissolution, it was used as a pub, though we don't know for how long.

Map

map

Gallery

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X