app

Bures Thatchers' Arms

Bures Thatchers' Arms

Not in Suffolk, but included for community reasons.

Mount Bures, CO8 5AT

grid reference TL 905 318

01787 227460

01787 227460

Until 1884, the premises was actually located in the Parish of Bures Hamlet. In those days, Bures Hamlet owned parcels of land all around Mount Bures including the site the pub stands on and also the field behind. The change came about on 24th March 1884, when the land was transferred into the parish of Mount Bures and is actually located in Essex on modern maps.

In 1869, the the building (now known as the Thatchers) was sold at auction at the Three Cups Hotel in Colchester as the "Thatchers Public House" with Charles Eley as the Licensee. This was the time it obtained its first full licence.

In 1892 Mrs Ann Downes (widow of the owner) conveyed the property over to Greene King, Brewers of Bury St Edmunds…

expand

Facilities

Facilities

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

Details with thanks to pub website (Jan 2011)

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X