CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.last updated 30/12/2019
Thrandeston Royal Oakhistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed between 1861 and 1891?
We have examined the Hartismere licensing records from 1923 to 1962 and found no trace of this pub. It isn't mentioned in the 1909 Rates book. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History lists 2 beerhouses in 1844 but just the Queen's Head in 1891, so apparently it closed between 1861 (the most recent directory entry found) and that year. Since there seem to be no records for the Queen's Head, perhaps this was an older name for that pub?
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)