app

Please note that due to the pandemic currently being allowed to run out of control, many pubs are having to close temporarily or restrict their trading hours due to staff sickness or self-isolation. Please check with the pubs if you plan to travel any distance.

Harleston (Norfolk) Crown

Harleston (Norfolk) Crown

also traded as Sir Robert Peel, Three Jolly Butchers

West, 52.40033,1.29988

Not in Suffolk, but included because parts of Harleston were once in Mendham parish.

19 Mendham Ln

grid reference TM 245 831

The latter location can be seen on the 1885 OS map

pub on old map

This part of what's now Harleston was originally in Mendham parish, until it was transferred to Norfolk in 1885.

The old Crown is now residential and called Crown House.

The pub was originally at the Old Market Place, but in 1901 the Crown reopened at Mendham Lane.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X