The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 25/09/2018
Ipswich St Nicholas Tavern
also traded as as: St Nicholas Ale Storeshistorical era: mid 20th century
closed January 22nd, 1922
49 & 51 Curriers Ln
It was listed as a Colchester Brewing Co Ltd pub.
The map location must be pretty close as beat bobby number 12 would have walked past it between the British Lion and the Curriers Arms.
For many years the pub was run by a family who also ran an adjacent bakery. Exactly when the pub was trading or not trading is not always clear from the records we have seen.
The St Nicholas Tavern was closed down by the Justices in 1911.
The final closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)