Closed before 1840
grid reference TM 273 488
A reference appears in the Ipswich Journal, October 30th 1742***, to Mr George Bugg at the Sign of the Ship, Woodbridge.
To be lett, at Lady Day next, a good accustom'd House in Woodbridge, called or known by the Name or Sign of the Ship, near the Key, with two Stables, a Brewhouse, and large Yard. Enquire of Mr Thomas Powell, Carpenter, in Woodbridge.Ipswich Journal, December 27th 1755***
Sweeten Fuller, at the Anchor in Woodbridge, begs leave to inform his Friends and Customers that being honourably acquitted, he is released from his Confinement, and humbly hopes the Continuance of their former Favour, which will greatly oblige their humble Servant to command…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)