CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 30/12/2019
Haverhill Anchor Coffee Househistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
15-ish High St
In the 1880s, the local temperance movement opened the Anchor. It was designed to have the look and atmosphere of a pub, but selling coffee and mineral waters rather than beer and spirits.
It was closed by 1920.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)