Ipswich Albion Mills

Ipswich Albion Mills

closed 1995

opened Victorian

293 Woodbridge Rd

grid reference TM 176 450

In the 1990s, the pub had a good reputation for music. Though bands played in a cellar room which would have been a terrible death-trap had there been a fire.

It was demolished and replaced by a car showroom.

At a Petty Sessions hearing on 29 September 1860 The Albion Mills was refused a new spirit licence. Out of the twenty four applications at the time only three establishments were granted licences.

The pub finally got a full license on February 2nd 1953.

At the Ipswich Petty Sessions of 31st December 1874 the license for the Albion Mills, Woodbridge Road, was transferred from Isaac Berry to James Roper.Ipswich Journal, January 1875**







(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Petty Sessions info from Ipswich Journal (Kim Jennings).

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)